Monday, May 24, 2010

Random pictures

Reese had her surgery last week, on Wednesday. I brought her home on Thursday and she is supposed to take it easy until next Friday. What a chore! I was very worried about her pain level, and realize now someone needs to be worried about mine! She is going to drive me nuts and has no clue she had surgery. She needs to constantly be reminded not to jump, not to chase the cats, and to take it easy! I'm going to have to put her in her crate more than usual because I think she might be developing a hernia. I noticed there was some swelling and some hardness when I checked her incision today. It wasn't there yesterday, so I don't know what to think.
On the news side, she is 64.3 pounds at 6 months old. That's huge, and hard to see in the photos. Well, in Shiloh size that's not HUGE, but for me, and the vet, it's big! And a reason for the vet to charge extra money for her spay. 540$ and no microchip! I am still in shock. But it's done, and there will be no puppies for her, which makes me sad on one level, but smart on another. She is still smart, and is really showing signs of accepting me as her alpha. Well, Necco is the alpha, and I'm the "other" alpha, but she's doing great on the housebreaking (Reese, not Necco) and leaves the cats alone most of the time. She has a new friend across the street and makes an impression to whoever sees her. The neighbors had company, who promptly came inside their house and asked if they knew there was a wolf in the yard! I decided to try to get her ears braced so they would stand erect, but the breeder didn't seem to have the time to help, and on the forum, the closest help I received was from DC. A little far for a day trip, so floppy they will be! It gives her character! (more)
She doesn't seem to get carsick anymore, so hopefully she's grown out of that and I can shampoo the car one last time. She still has gas strong enough to clear a room (even in her sleep) but I don't want to change foods just yet. She stopped eating poop (as of now) but I still give her the tablet to keep her from doing that. What a nasty habit! Of course, now I have to clean the yard more often, but that's ok! And since WHEN does a dog only like to do her business in our yard? When we go for a walk, she'll hold it until we get back home! Crazy dog... of course, I know a human like that, too! Not mentioning names!
Enjoy the latest pics, I just took a few off my phone since my camera is really down. New SD card didn't help, I think it's just tired. I'll add that to my birthday list and it's not too early for a gift to myself! I don't want to wait until she's full grown to get some more pictures in, so maybe I can bribe Tamyra into taking some with her fancy camera... hint hint hint.
Enjoy!
~Regan and Reese via whining at my arm to get out of this chair and go play!
http://picasaweb.google.com/ReganandReese/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCIParurP1dWyYQ&feat=directlink

No comments:

Post a Comment