Monday, May 17, 2010

Still growing...

I don't have any new pictures to put up, since my memory card for the camera seems to be reading full (despite being empty - not even tech support understand it), so I have to go get a new one. And since my camera printer stopped printing, well, now I of course want a new system!
But I wanted to sign in and post that we went to the vet today, and Reese weighs 63.2 pounds! That's 10 pounds per month! She turned 6 months old on 5/14 and does not look like a porker, but she is HUGE! She is such a sweet baby, but is learning how to growl and bark when she needs to. Her housebreaking skills are near perfect, but she does like to eat cat beds when no one is looking. Her favorite toys are ones that make noise, like the "duckie" that quacks or the squeaky ones, I think she likes to bite them until I've nearly lost my mind, and then once more before dropping them! She learned how to pick up two at one time, and walk away from me when I'm losing patience. We are working on learning how to "shake" with either hand, and putting toys back into the hall closet before bed. The latter sends her into a panic of how do I take all my toys at once and make them MINE...
Reese does like the kitties, but is getting tired of being "set up" when they walk up to her and cry so she gets in trouble. She's very gentle with them overall, but just really wants to be friends! (And they are all so cranky)
I hope Reese is enjoying having us as we are having her! She goes to be fixed tomorrow, no puppies for her, but this means more playdates! Rogue is getting even BIGGER than her, and I want Reese to take him down! He's really adorable (don't tell Tamyra or Jesse) but he drools WAY too much. Reese on the other hand, uses a napkin (don't I wish)!
Ears are an issue, if I let them be, that is. Hers just a ren't up naturally. Every once in a while her right ear perks up for about 30 seconds, then she realizes it and lets it flop back down. I tried putting Knox gelatin in her food, and that didn't work. I do give her some chews with glucosamine chondroitin (sp?) but all of this hasn't worked. A knowledgeable Shiloh ear "expert" suggested I get them braced, but finding someone locally wasn't possible. I talked to the breeder about it, but she seems very busy and not able to make time. Plus, everyone keeps telling me her floppy ears give her personality. I just worry the longer I wait to brace them or do something, the harder it will be. So we'll see what happens!
For now, I'm going to go walk my moosepuppy and take her to see Rogue, so she'll be tired for her surgery. Tomorrow she gets to go meet Sid and Jill, so that will be fun!
More pictures soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment